Thursday 27 November 2008

On pride

Pride is a weird thing.

Sometimes I have it in myself - not often, but sometimes. Mostly it has been pointed out by other people - like the 'rents when I graduated this year after 8 years. 1 1/2 years normal the rest obscenely dizzy and rediculous. *bows* *bows*

Pride in my friends *passes around sick bags for those with dispositions like my own - im honestly not used to such saccharine revelations* is more normal. They have done amazing things.

A brief list would include : Thwarting unhelpful teachers and their criticisms to go on to being successful lawyers training for the Bar. Dropping out of school but now working on a PhD. Travelling to wartorn countries to work for the benefit of others. Following their dreams around the world. Being there for others even when it hurts themselves.

Today there is a new thing to be proud of. Ducko's book. Physical. Real. Able to give people papercuts and the shivvers. I have a copy. Im proud of his realisation of a dream. Im extra impressed that its creation involved a not inconsiderable amount of dressing gown wearing.
Big cheery grins to all those who deserve them.




p.s. When I get my pink hair back I'll be prouder than an entire bunch of lions with new bowties.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I am sulking that you have a copy before me ... BUT, I am super (x 364756) proud of your boy.

He is a smashing star and my chosen one :)

x

watching9987 said...

I am indeed smashing and mint. And modest. And attractive. It's all true.

And you got my first copy (sorry Caroline, I assumed yours would be arriving today x) because you are equally mint. And your blending technique is something to be proud of x

Beth said...

I am jealous of everyone who has a copy before me. Cas, at least you've read it ;)

congrats nik and hello vix!