Saturday 1 November 2008

Birthdays

Birthdays eh? Supposed to be fun filled days with games, enjoyment and tasty food... Not for me, not this year at least. Some evil bug or food found its way to me and decided to ruin my birthday.
Perhaps nothing in life is as surreal as having parents seranade you with 'happy birthday' as you stagger back to bed from the bathroom at 3am...

Its always annoying that everyone gets to party on halloween - much worse that my plans were cancelled to lie shivvery and achey and now I get to browse pictures of friends at their halloween festivities.

Major plans for today also had to be cancelled - a chairidee event involving a zipslide - didnt think it would be a good idea should the attacks of yesterday return. Not a pleasant mental image. Sorry. Had I any guts left I'd be gutted that I didnt get to do it.
So instead of scoffing cake and chocolate and more cake... I was sipping at diluted lucozade and fantasising about eating wedges of apple.

Today is toast. The apple cravings have passed. I dont really want toast, but its what there is.

The 'rents have eaten my birthday cake.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Yes the birthday seranading would be weird. Not what I wanted at 3am either.

I will make you cake once you're better hon xxx

pierre l said...

Sorry about the ruined birthday plans. Hope you will feel better soon. Welcome to the blogosphere.

Caroline said...

Hello honey! Lovely to see you blogging. I was on here a couple of days ago, but felt too shy to leave a comment, which is a bit ridiculous!

Hope you're feeling better and that the world is sunny again.

Hugs
Cx

Vix said...

Thanks to all - one day ruined - celebrations can wait - plus it is always more special when you are the only ones dressed up.

watching9987 said...

Not a great birthday eh? Still - surely my comedy costume must have offered some chuckle, especially since i was wearing it on the tube.

Ah whey - make for it for later x