Friday 7 November 2008

Wastes of time

Once again I am reminded of the futility of organisation and tidying. For the third week in a row, someones ill and plans have been cancelled. A welcome reprieve for some, a big ole waste of time for others. Admittedly, my room was a tip. And Pile-O-Stuff (TM) was getting out of hand. But since brother+lovely wife were coming to stay, I actually got around to removing one of the mattresses from BottomBunk - no easy task - as Pile-O-Stuff (TM) has a cousin, BottomBunkBottomlessPit-O-Junk (TM) and it lives there. It has squatter's rights its been there so long.

So Ive made a huge mess of temporarily tidy floor by sliding a mattress out Jenga stylee - knocking a fair amount of BottomBunkBottomlessPit-O-Junk (TM) off in the process. Mattress then knocked a picture off a wall, and washing off hangers, and the doorknob off the bathroom cupboard. The bathroom was the only open space of floor available for hoovering of Mattress. Floor gets partially tidied as larger bits of BottomBunkBottomlessPit-O-Junk (TM) were thrown back onto remaining mattress.

Phone rings.

They arent coming. humph. Now Im faced with having to put Mattress back - an even bigger job than removing it in the first place. Unless Im VERY clever. And VERY careful, It may just be possible to slide it underneath the one already on there - avoiding tipping BottomBunkBottomlessPit-O-Junk (TM) back onto the floor.

Ah well. At least I get to wear new dress tonight - a dress inadvisable for wearing when eating with family, and not just coz it will show off new tattoos, which by now are all lovely and healed.
That and the gypsy cremes made for people coming can now be munched at any time!

6 comments:

Beth said...

... do your parents know about the tatts?

I miss gypsy cremes. It would be so much easier if you'd just betray the family secrets ;)

Vix said...

I cant betray the secrets.. but I can make you some more. xxx
p.s. hope you miss me as well as the gypsy cremes...

Beth said...

well that's taken as read!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gypsy cremes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

:o)

Beth said...

and slightly belatedly i owe you a phone call. you around tomoz? and is my name down for 1st Dec do you know? I suspect not as I've not paid that elusive fiver. can you find out for me please hon? xxx

watching9987 said...

Hey B, guess what - those Gypsy cremes were gooooood...

(as was the dress by the way...)

x

Beth said...

Nik? You're mean. Tormenting me with cremey goodness. *drools at the very thought*

Glad dress was also good!