Monday 1 December 2008

Interesting weekends and possible frostbite

Yes. twas an interesting weekend. Moving Ducko to his new abode. Yummy food and some kitchen disasters - which still tasted good. Burnt chocolate is tasty - who knew?

Then we went to a pub and met some Lamas. (These are pronounced Lahmey in a Bo Selecta Stylee.) The lamas were in a field by the pub, not drinking at the bar - which would have been better - and warmer too.

Anyway - I have a bizzare talent. Just the one? No, but its the one Im gonna tell you about here. I can scratch my throat with my tongue - oh yes. A handy skill indeed. Its great for when my throat itches - however - there is a downside. When my throat itches during the day I can scratch it and stop. No bother. When Im asleep however - different story entirely. So at this time of year - and in hayfever season - I wake up with a killer sore throat - having been scratching it all night in my sleep. Not fun. The same nerve thats in the throat is in the ear - so my ears hurt too - adding to the dizzyfun.

And its freezing. It was freezing over the weekend - frosty had been around several times, flocking the world with icyness. Thats marvellous. Today it rains. And hails. So now Im soggy and cold. I need gloves to type really but I cant find them. And I'll get told off if I put my hair dryer on to warm myself up - good argument for washing my hair really. At least then the miracle of the toasty warming device is legitimate. Ill go do that now.

4 comments:

Beth said...

You are mad.

LLAMAS. Not lamas. Took me an age to work out what you were on about.

I can scratch my throat with my tongue too, but not as efficiently as you by the sounds of it. My party trick is sticking my tongue up my nose. Fascinates and disgusts people in equal measure.

watching9987 said...

You've missed out the fact that your throat itching whilst you sleep can, occasionally, sound suspuciously like snoring... Sounds like a geet useful excuse if you ask me.

And yes, the Lahmey, I especailly enjoyed the camoflagued one. He had a Superhero style stance and everything. We should make him a cape. x

Butch Boo said...

I take it you mean you can scratch your throat with your tongue from the inside??! If it is the other way round then I'm sure you're a very popular young lady!!!!

BB

X

Vix said...

Llamas. damnit. Llahmey then also. B im in the disgusted but fascinated camp.
Scratching doesnt sound like snoring - I snore as well. At least my sleeping doesnt hurt people mr kungfu! mwuhahaha
BB - I am a popular girl - but not for those reasons! Tis good tho...