Tuesday 11 November 2008

Sore feet...

Well... the initial dressing smart and use of bag that isnt rucksack went well, and a second interview was granted.
Second interview showed job to be sadly something I just dont want to do. Canvasing people for money in their homes, even for charity... just aint my bag baby.
So I bought stickychillichicken to make myself feel better. Time is the best healer for sore feet tho, canvasing involves a lot of walking. In smart shoes this = sore tootsies.
The 'rents agree I made the right decision in saying I didnt want the job. If Im going to be soulless and evil I really dont want to have to do so much walking in smart shoes for it.
For some reason my room is freezing. Id curl up by the radiator in my comfy chair and read my book, but Pile-O-Stuff (TM) has reincarnated on the chair.
Dr Ducko is maintaining loveliness levels. Of this I am more than pleased.
Ooooh! I just remembered I bought chocolate... excellent. That makes searching for work again slightly more bearable. Wouldnt it be lovely if someone would pay me to sit about making sarky comments? Id be good at that. And now I have smart trousers I could do it in. And I could wear my uncomfortablest and therefore most beautiful shoes...
Anyone hiring?
Anyone?

6 comments:

Beth said...

Hmm. Much as I do think you should take a-job-any-job I don't blame you for not taking that one. Souldestroying, morally dubious AND with the probability of sore tootsies? Not right. Not right at all.

Can't you be a journalist? One of the snarky ones that writes for the Guardian? I reckon you'd be good at that. You could see how much you could get away with. Would be, to steal a word, Mint.

watching9987 said...

You made the right decision me thinks - making priests cry is one thing, but robbing old ladies is too much, even for you (wonders why that sentence brings back odd memories...)

Caroline said...

I think you have made the right decision! You need your soul to be happy.
x

Beth said...

... who made a priest cry?! I am confused and a little scared.

Vix said...

I did. but in the nicest kindest possible way.

Beth said...

....okaaaaay...

What?
x