Monday 2 March 2009

Monday - for a change

monday monday... la laaa la la laaa la.

There are more songs about mondays than you would think. I can think of three. If i thought a bit longer i might get more, but who has time for that?

No word about the interview last week yet.

Room isnt tidy after a week of tidying.

Played guitar hero at the weekend - played 4 songs. am still dizzy. humph.

no word from best friend - but a voice from the past got in touch. Weirdly I had been thinking of emailing my friends from the time that makes me cry now, coz i still miss them. But closing the door seemed the only way to get thru it. Should I see it as a sign that one of them contacted me when I was thinking about contacting them? Maybe not. I had decided it was still not something I could really cope with. I love them as individuals - but nothing is individual - everything is linked to a place, a group, a time, a person that makes my insides go cold and ruins my eyeliner.

Poor Ducko - he has a lot to deal with. I know it hurts that theres nothing he can do to make things better. Dont think he quite gets that he is already doing and being the thing that helps.

Tidying uncovers unusual things.
Like a shoebox that was holding up a section of dvds on my shelf still containing a new pair of shoes Id completely forgotten about.
A pile of scraps of paper with notes and pictures on from communicating in class at school.
My spirograph.
A Yikes pencil.
A card from the ex fiance. This was a problem. What to do with it? Spent about 10 minutes wandering between the binbag and putting it back in its envelope on my shelf. Reached a compromise. Its on the floor UNDER the binbag. It has nice sentiments in it. I dont feel the need to throw it away in an "I cleanse my life of all traces of this relationship" moment. I debated sending it back to him with a note saying "If any of these things were true, if you are capable of feeling like this - you deserve to move on and find it anew with someone else." I have been advised against doing this. While I would be doing it with the best intentions - it might have horrible outcomes. So its still there. On the floor. Under the binbag.

Another problem. A wristband. Saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS. My mum gave me this. What the hell (snigger snigger) do I do with it? Im trying to have a clear out so stuff I dont use doesnt just sit on shelves or in drawers. But what do you do with that? It cant go in the bin - sacreligious surely? Charity bag? hmm... its in a pile of stuff at the moment that includes cables for cd players I dont use or dont have anymore, earrings, postit notes and obsolete pc software.


ah well. - as for the Yikes pencil - i loved them I still do - the one i found is silver on the outside and black on the inside. My favourite ever was green on the outside and pink on the inside. or vice versa. in searching for a new supply of them i found this, it amused me. Enjoy.

http://www.pencilpages.com/classifieds/seeking.htm

2 comments:

Vix said...

hmm try this instead...

http://www.pencilpages.com/classifieds/seeking.htm

Beth said...

you are fabulous. thank you for letting me stress.

i can only think of two monday songs?

i would set the wristband free. leave it on a wall somewhere with a postit saying 'free to good home'. i use the wall outside my flat, but that obviously wouldn't do for you in this case ;)