Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 10: Favorite foreign film

I'm adding something to this... as, well, you say foreign film, you think foreign language film. Otherwise my favourite foreign film would just be my favourite film... America being foreign to here and all...

so...

Day 10: Favorite foreign *language* film.

If that was supposed to make it easier... it doesnt. Still so many contenders.
Battle Royale for one. My first view of that was me watching it here in the middle of the night when I couldnt sleep, with a friend in a city hundreds of miles away, also unable to sleep, on the other end of the phone, the pair of us giggling about why the evil guy had a pretty pink umbrella.
Run Lola Run is another.. its just an epic film. Nonstop.

But I have to go for...

Les Visiteurs

Jean Reno - always a favourite. Here, in a comedy, not a genre I like him best in, but this really is hilarious. Its split between 1993 and 1193, with a senile old sorcerer calling the people from the past to interact with their 'modern day' descendants. Oh dear.. I've just seen that they've made a sequel. Anyway - its good. Go watch it.. and the others mentioned!

No comments: