Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day 1: Favorite film

Obviously this isnt going to be the 30 day movie challenge in 30 days.. we all know Im far from that organised and disciplined.

But anyway.. here goes.

Day 1: Favorite film

My favourite film, is The Crow.

I watched this with friends on what still stands as my best birthday ever. many Many.. oh crikey... disturbingly many birthdays ago.. shit... 10? really? yikes. Well, there was a reuniting with a friend.. one who again is unable to be in my life.. for too long a time now for me to bear to think about.. but this post is about the film. The film is amazing.. I love it, and it may always be my favourite film. It will stay that way because I can't watch it. Memories that make me want to not be here well up like toxic burning tar layered with petrol in my chest the milisecond I let myself think about why I can't watch it. So I will try very hard to get away from that again now.. Back to the times I can stand to remember. The film is beautiful, a totaly fantasy for the twisted darkness. The soundtrack is amazing.. Brandon Lee... so beautiful, and the film was his last. Taking his life. Top Dollar. My ideal villan. The voice of silk on gravel. Blood on shattered glass.
The film is a delight. Its sequels... despite one having Iggy Pop.. dont cut it. The more numbers, or words added to the title, the less it means. Don't watch them. Pour yourself a glass of red wine, keep the bottle handy.. Keep your Gun on the coffee table... turn off the lights.. and watch this.

No comments: