Sunday 17 October 2010

Summat else...

"Damn..."
"Hello.?."
"Oh! Hello there... Look. I'm terribly sorry, I seem to have stepped in something here."
"Stepped in something?"
"Yes... Something.. sticky. Oh goodness, it's all over my foot!"
"All over your foot you say? Oh dear, that must be inconvenient."
"Oh inconvenient yes, not to mention embarrassing! You just wouldn't credit it, I come through here, its such a nice place, and something like this has to happen."
"I really wouldn't worry about it my dear fellow, such things happen all the time."
"All the time? In here? You amaze me."
"Oh yes, all the time. You have nothing to be embarrassed about I assure you."
"Well then, that's something at least. Do you work here?"
"Work here?"
"Do you?"
"My dear fellow, I designed this place."
*sighs*
"You see? I will embarrass myself one way or another. Did you really design this place? It is simply magnificent you know.. stickiness aside. I am terribly sorry, should I know your name? Are you famous?"
"Very kind of you to say so.. but if you will excuse me.. I'm running late for my lunch."
"Oh please? Just a few moments! The design is so incredible.. your use of form and structure.. it is surely unsurpassed, I have never seen it's equal! Can't you tell me where you find your inspiration?"
"Well... "
"Please?"
*sighs*
"It is all about the function my dear chap, the form follows the function. My work is always, always functional, and as you can see, it's form is pleasing, and it functions well."
"Oh! Yes! Yes... ah.. indeed. Unparalleled beauty in functional form... but... can you just tell me about th..."
*A muffled cry... a soft squeak... and the spider trusses the fly up in silk before crawling back to the centre of it's web.*

3 comments:

Beth said...

love this!

ever thought of following in nik's footsteps and starting to write?

Vix said...

that made my day that did

Beth said...

well... have you?????

:)