Monday 9 February 2009

Nothing much

Nope.
Nothing much.

Nothing from the best-friend. Dont think I responded to the - meet up isnt going to happen- email. So the lack of contact is probably on me. In all honesty tho I didnt know what to say in response to that. I came on here. I vented. Now Im just cold and empty. Old crap that Id managed to squash away so it wasnt upsetting me on a minute by minute basis has sneaked out thru the new upset.

Tremendous fun.

Rejection letters arrive in the post. Im either overqualified, but without experience, or just without experience. Sorry - I lack experience. I was busy getting a Degree that was supposed to make getting a job easier.

Ducko worries about me. I dont want him to. Its not like I can do anything about this shit so why worry about it? I get told to be quiet - he will worry regardless. Silly monkey.

Speaking of silly monkeyness - we were so fully prepared for his book signing on sunday. SO prepared. Couldnt have been more prepared.
AKA
Couldnt have forgotten more everything if we had tried.
Spiffy Postcards with book info on - in a bag. Bag in house. Ducko's phone in house. My phone in house. No way to contact people in house. People we do manage to contact are unable to find bag in middle of living room with little in it aside from said post cards.
Bugger.

Book launch still went well. Even got a free starbucks.
Ducko outsold the other author.
Excellent.

Enough for now. Time for the joys of the jobcentre.

Hope you like the new music feature - hope it works more than anything actually...

2 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

I read Nik's post about the launch, made me giggle. Want to know more about these post cards...want to send me soem that I can leave lying round in easily accessible places?

Vix said...

ooh yes! hmm must find how to set this up so i get notified when people comment - only just found this!
Am planning on a daring raid to plant some of the postcards in other suitable books in bookshops...