Thursday 22 January 2009

one week on...

well its been an interesting one. maybe not interesting. not even eventful when viewed from the outside. hmm... maybe i should start again.

stuff that has occurred.

My hair has been dyed, once again I am PURPLE . Except for the underneathy bit at the back - which is still BLONDE and was to remain so until I had the time to do it PINK . PINK and PURPLE should be a nice combo - one I had a few years back, before I thought fuckitnowsthetime and went all PINK . This is now on hold for a number of reasons - mainly parental. I thought that the underside being PINK wouldnt be too much for the prosepective employers who arent beating a path to my door, even to tell me they havent hired me this time. Parents disagree.
Now, normally, this would not stop me. I may have slowed down... perhaps briefly paused... but then woulda done it anyway - coz im nice like that.

HOWEVER

My mam spotted one of my new tattoos.

This is not a good thing. Shes not gonna mention it to my dad apparently... at least until i do something else 'horrendous' and she grasses me up like last time. She even begged me not to get any more. I thought it prudent not to mention the other 6 she hadnt seen...
They are already unhappy about the hair. They LOVED the BLONDE . It was NORMAL (aka i hated it) So even tho its regular hairdye from the chemists - one that normal people use - it still looks 'AWFUL' and warrents such vitriol as 'What have you done that to yourself for?'

So.. I tidied my room - well - the floor and ComfyChair TM anyway. So if Mam does decide to blab - I can say "Yes - tho your sweet little girl now looks like hellspawn and common as muck and unemployable - her room is TIDY!!!" this will not last - tho i am planning a major clear out - that will have to wait till I can stand without falling over.


Ducko's book is out - published and everything. Ive been having fun arranging prizes for the launch and various bookmarks and specially designed raffle tickets. fun fun fun. I love crap like that.


I have this week had to revisit painful memories - not something im going to go into too much detail about - but the hurt they still cause suprised everyone involved. That said - moving on is the goal now - and however unhealthy it is Im packing all that crap away and putting a large weight ontop of it. Ive tried thinking stuff thru and dealing with it that way - it doesnt work for me. not yet.


On a cheerier note I HAVE NEW SHOES!!! Third attempt at shoes for my cousins wedding. The are too big (website reccomended buying a size up as they tend to run small - and hey my actual size werent in the sale anyway) I will percy veer as they rule. Next week I may be writing about a trip to A+E and the fun of having broken ankles fixed - but till then heres a picture for you to salivate over.

Nope. denied. Il post one later when their website isnt down. but trust me... they are PRETTY.

4 comments:

Beth said...

(from the person who will always hide her not-there-yet tats from her mum...)... now she's seen the one d'you not think it'd be easier to tell her about them all? if she finds out later she'll just stress all the more and if she's stressing over one... something to do with sheeps and lambs and getting hanged....

your hair looks nice. wouldn't put me off employing you.

to be fair... 'What have you done that to yourself for?' does not count as vitriol hon. 'abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will' That's just guilt inducing. Not the same thing at all :)

i know the reasoning, but just for the record: i still say you need to move out. *ducks*

(but not *ducko*. just for the record)

Vix said...

thanks for the dictionary definition B hun. I know what it means, and how it was meant. being there n all...

Roz Wyllie said...

I am so excited that you are purple and pink! Hurrah for you. And jealous of the new tattoo. I reckon that the right sort of employer will love the look...and looking forward to fun and frolics at Nik's launch.
Kisses!
Roz x

Beth said...

you gave a bad example then :)

although to be fair (and as i should know with pretending to be a writer) voice and emphasis can change meaning a great deal.

will shut up now :)