Friday 5 June 2009

its been a BAD DAY please dont take my picture...

I say bad day.
Started with a bad night.
Bad night on the phones.
Unpleasant. Heartwrenching. Stomach churning. Maddening.

pick your favourite

Nasty people. People are stupid, nasty, vindictive.

Not sounding jaded am I?

Called back a job I didnt get - yes another one - for some feedback

Out of 9 applicants, only I didnt have any experience working in a library.

Out of 9 applicants for this part time role, 5 people had the degree in working in libraryness.

8 years of using academic libraries and a lifetime of ordinary ones just doesnt cut it.
The ability to do the job is outmatched by any experience. But how to get experience?

Being truthful apparently not a big plus point. Listening also not an important skill for interviewers...
Yes, I said that my dizziness has been a problem with reading in the past.
Did I explain that I had worked around that, using computer programmes that I can demonstrate to others with reading difficulties, not only to read for pleasure but to complete a frikkin research based history degree? Yes.
Did I say that I do not read for pleasure now? That I cant read actual books? No.
Did I say that I do read and list a number of texts, including those by my lovely authory friends? YES I BLOODY DID.

Im pissed off.

Dont not give me a job because you havent listened to what Ive said.

No comments: