Wednesday 24 August 2011

Today I read a bit about Isadora Duncan.

Blame the BBC website, they had a quote from her as her quote of the day, something about how when her mother was pregnant with her she badly affected what she could eat, limiting her to only fine champagne and ice chilled oysters...

That kinda thing gets my attention - so off I clicked to Wikipedia, yeah yeah I know.

Still the woman had a LIFE.
eesh.
And a death.
Wowza.

Not a way to go. Or an ideal way to go. Not sure I can decide on that.
Still, I advise finding out more about this woman and her life. She seems interesting in a Bohemian tradgedy type way.


Anyway, while I was on there, theres a quote. Yup, another one, which is sticking with me. I like it. In a letter to her assumed or confirmed (its late and I cant be bothered to fact check - Wikipedia is now showing up in all different colours and its freaking me out) lover the poet Mercedes de Acosta wrote..
" persuade my thirsty soul to drink "

I like it a lot. Especially in the context she means. Reeeeed eeeeeet!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yowsa. you're not kidding.